Reduced IT budget and struggling to deliver?
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is basically a collection of services which communicate with each other. The communication can involve either simple data passing or it could involve two or more services coordinating some activity. Some means of connecting services to each other is required.
The well-designed SOA approach benefits both business and IT by extending the business value of deployment, from basic to advanced projects and demands simplicity & robustness in every project, eliminating unnecessary complexity while building a strong foundation for future growth. It uses well defined interfaces which allow better and easier integration of systems and provides greater levels of flexibility which can handle new and changing business processes. Wishtree is engaged in a number of SOA based projects.
Advantages of SOA
- Reduces complexity and enable future applications to engage seamlessly with existing standards-based services.
- Better control, flexibility and performance of existing IT systems.
- Lowers maintenance costs and integration costs.
- Improvement of existing systems rather than rip and replace
- Joint working and sharing across people, processes and information